Transform your financial habits to prepare for the future
1. Ways to enhance your financial position at Texas Star Bank with our checking products
- Interest Checking – Earn competitive interest rates plus enjoy unlimited check writing privileges. Includes mailed statements and a notebook for good record keeping.
- Star Travel Club Account - Enjoy a variety of Travel Club benefits including interest plus unlimited check writing privileges. Besides a variety of benefits including free check, free cashier’s checks, free travelers cheques and reduced rates on loans. This accounts requires $2,500 minimum daily balance or combined daily balances in other related deposit accounts of $10,000 or more to avoid a service fee.
- Free Checking - A great no frills account that has no maintenance charge, offering check writing privileges plus the added convenience of a VISA Check Card to qualified customers. Add online banking, Bill Pay and access to statements online to create a convenient account for your fast past life.
2. Putting money away in savings should always be a consistent part of your financial planning
Texas Star Bank offers the following savings products:
- Money Market – Earn a higher yield of interest with this investment account. This account offers a higher rate than our regular savings account with quick access to your funds when you need it. To avoid a service charge maintain a minimum of $1500. Allowed 6 withdrawals per month and mailed monthly statement or request e-statements.
- Savings – Our regular savings account offers competitive quarterly interest and access to your funds with the Texas Star Bank ATM Card. You can get started on the savings road with as little as $100 as your initial deposit, but to avoid a service fee maintain $250 minimum daily balance. You will receive a statement, or you can request e-statements, every quarter to keep up with your saving progress.
3. Conserve time, money and paper with Texas Star Bank’s convenient checking accounts with online banking and bill pay and no-charge ATM services at any of our convenient locations
You’ll reduce the time it takes to pay your bills and save on the expense of printed paper checks and postage while helping the environment as well.
- Star Net is our convenient Internet banking. We understand your need for convenience, so through texasstarbank.com ,you’ll have access to your checking account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be able to view your current account balance, check your transaction history or transfer funds between accounts. To help with your accounting needs, print statements or search history. Available anywhere you have a computer. Convenience Texas Style!
- Star Pay With Bill Pay, you can conveniently and securely pay your bills whenever you want. Don’t waste anymore of your valuable time writing checks, stuffing envelopes and searching for stamps. This offers security and control to keep your information safe. Save time and money.
- Star Xpress Don’t have a computer handy, access your account information with Star Xpress 24 hours a day by touchtone phone. Make transfers between accounts and make loan payments. Access your checking, savings, certificate of deposits and loans, just a phone call away.
- E-Statements Sign up for this convenient product. We will notify you by the email you provide that your statement is ready and you can retrieve your statement by a link and save it to your computer or print it out for your records. Simple, less clutter and best of all free.
4. Improve Funds Availability and Save Time and Money With Texas Star Bank Convenient “Direct Deposit” Service
Make arrangements with your employer or ask a personal banker to help you set up your social security, government retirement, SSI, and VA benefits. Save time and expense and gain peace of mind that your deposits are secure.
5. Catch up on your IRA or other retirement plan
After age 50, you are qualified to boost your plans with “catch-up” contributions. Contact our relationship managers for more details.
6. Establish an estate plan and/or trust
A trust or estate plan can help you plan for the special needs of your children, aging parents or the responsibilities of higher education and more. Please see legal counsel or trust professional that is licensed to help you in the areas of trust administration and estate planning to grow your assets. Save on taxes and protect and manage your property. Texas Star Bank does not offer a trust department nor can we give legal advice, but we can help set up the estate or trust account once legal documentation has been prepared.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Become aware of opportunities to reduce your lifestyle costs, e.g., downsizing vehicles or your home may provide convenience
while lowering the costs and time of maintenance.
Determine your financial priorities, make a list with deadlines and
start accomplishing them.
- Start the decision-making process about where you want to live during retirement and figure all the associated costs.
- Spend time doing what you plan to do at retirement to help yourself determine if you’re ready.
For help determining the best accounts and products for sound and productive money management during your Pre-Retirement Lifestage, please contact us at 903-482-5234.