Protect Your Wealth and Start Paying Yourself
1. Join our Star Travel Club
- Star Travel Club Account – Enjoy a variety of Travel Club benefits including interest plus unlimited check writing privileges. Besides a variety of benefits including free check, free cashier’s checks, free travelers cheques and reduced rates on loans. This accounts requires $2,500 minimum daily balance or combined daily balances in other related deposit accounts of $10,000 or more to avoid a service fee.
- Money Market – Earn a higher yield of interest with this investment account. This account offers a higher rate than our regular savings account with quick access to your funds when you need it. To avoid a service charge maintain a minimum of $1500. Allowed 6 withdrawals per month and mailed monthly statement or request e-statements.
- Savings – Our regular savings account offers competitive quarterly interest and access to your funds with the Texas Star Bank ATM Card. You can get started on the savings road with as little as $100 as your initial deposit, but to avoid a service fee maintain $250 minimum daily balance. You will receive a statement, or you can request e-statements, every quarter to keep up with your saving progress.
2. Conserve time and money with Texas Star Bank convenient checking accounts with online banking and bill pay and no-charge ATM services
You’ll reduce the time it takes to pay your bills and save on the expense of printed paper checks and postage while helping the environment as well.
- Star Net is our convenient Internet banking. We understand your need for convenience, so through texasstarbank.com, you’ll have access to your checking account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be able to view your current account balance, check your transaction history or transfer funds between accounts. To help with your accounting needs, print statements or search history. Available anywhere you have a computer. Convenience Texas Style!
- Star Pay With Bill Pay, you can conveniently and securely pay your bills whenever you want. Don’t waste anymore of your valuable time writing checks, stuffing envelopes and searching for stamps. This offers security and control to keep your information safe. Save time and money.
- Star Xpress Don’t have a computer handy, access your account information with Star Xpress 24 hours a day by touchtone phone. Make transfers between accounts and make loan payments. Access your checking, savings, certificate of deposits and loans, just a phone call away.
- E-Statements Sign up for this convenient product. We will notify you by the email you provide that your statement is ready and you can retrieve your statement by a link and save it to your computer or print it out for your records. Simple, less clutter and best of all free.
3. Improve Funds Availability and Save Time and Money With Texas Star Bank’s Convenient “Direct Deposit” Service
Make arrangements with your employer or ask a personal banker to help you set up your social security, government retirement, SSI, and VA benefits. Save time and expense and gain peace of mind that your deposits are secure.
4. Relieve your family from making difficult decisions
Decisions about the disposition of your estate, a living will, burial and funeral arrangements can be made now so your wishes will be known and your family will be relieved of making important decisions under duress. See a licensed professional to help with this estate planning. Texas Star Bank does not offer a trust department nor can we give legal advice, but we can help set up the estate or trust account once legal documentation has been prepared.
5. Rent a safe deposit box
This a convenient place to store important items that would be difficult or impossible to replace. Texas Star Bank safe deposit boxes offer privacy and in most cases, greater security. Than keeping your valuables and important documents elsewhere. Additionally, some insurance companies charge lower insurance premiums on valuables kept in a bank's safe deposit box instead of at home.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don't know. Scams targeted at retirees abound. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
- Ask a LogoBank trust professional for a free estate planning guide.
For help determining the best accounts and products for sound and productive money management during your Retirement Lifestage, please contact us at 903-428-5234.